Troy, NY - Area resident, Herb Montogomery, on a whim, decided to listen to Styx on the way to work yesterday. Unsure of what really inspired him to dig through his old CD's, gathering dust in a closet he never opens, Mr. Montgomery played through the entire Styx Greatest Hits disc during his morning commute.
"I forgot how terrible Styx is, man" Mr. Montgomery said to a colleague he encountered at the water cooler, "I mean, they really suck." It is expected that the CD will soon return to its case and find its way back into the closet at Mr. Montgomery's residence in Troy, NY. Accompanying this disc will of course be an assortment of some of the most terrible compilations and one hit wonders ever to hit, or miss for that matter, the airwaves.
"This is the worst thing to happen since late in 2002 when I randomly came accross the Dangerous Minds Soundtrack in a box of old magazines and unopened mail."
Later that afternoon, Mr. Montgomery recalled an episode of The Simpsons during which Homer, playing the part of Odysseus, and while attempting to make his way back to his family in Ithaca, needed to pass over the river Styx, at which time Homer was also reminded of just how terrible Styx is.
To commemorate this historic event......Steubs*com is proud to present a selection of videos:
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Secret secret, I've got a secret" - Okay, its not a secret - Styx does suck!
ReplyDeleteFurthermore, that live rendition of "Lady" made me crave my own death...
ReplyDeleteSeriously man. I don't know what this guy was thinking....not only when he bought this disc, but also when he decided to leave the house with it.
ReplyDeleteI think it was one of those 12 CD's for the price of one scams and he just needed to pick a couple more. Somehow Styx worked its way into the queue.